Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill Review

Several weeks ago I was invited by Mr. Rubio, owner and founder of Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill, to come to a bloggers round-table luncheon. I am pictured here with Mr. Rubio
and Anne from The Changable Table.
Mr. Rubio showed us some real hospitality!
We were served 7 of the restaurants most popular dishes. He was very kind and chatted with us freely about the wonderful ingredients that go into the food there.
It was EXCPETIONAL!
I loved learning more about Mexican flavors and the different spices and cooking techniques that make the food
so popular and delicious.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone
who enjoys Mexican Grill.
It very
fresh,
flavorful,
original
and down right tasty.
Read on to hear what I have to say about some of the
dishes I got to sample.


The Carnitas Rajas Burrito was one of my favorites. Inside the burrito is sweet pork, grilled onions and peppers, cheddar, jack and mozzarella cheeses, black beans, rice, sour cream, cilantro and chimichurri sauce. The sweet pork was not overly sweet which I really liked a lot.

 

This Balsamic and Roasted Veggie Salad is said to be only 340 calories! If you don't think I haven't been dreaming about how I can make that at home, you are mistaken. Stay tuned for an up coming recipe
It was very good.


Mr. Rubio calls these Street Tacos. They are snack sized tacos with pork, chicken and steak, guacamole, cilantro and onion. Really tasty!


This is a Grilled Gourmet Taco. This dish was my very favorite. 
Did it ever taste gourmet! Mr. Rubio has added a lot of pizzazz to this fabulous Taco. It has a very original cheese that has been fried.
Yes. I said fried.
Then a succulent helping of grilled shrimp, bacon, cream sauce, cilantro and avocado. It was absolutely to die for.
Rubios is known for their World Famous Fish Taco....I thought these Grilled Gourmet Tacos beat the Fish Taco hands down.
Absolute heaven in every bite.


Rubios has a fresh salsa bar as well. All of the salsas were wonderful.
Thanks Mr. Rubio for having me!
I give your restaurant two thumbs up!

6 comments:

  1. My husband loves Rubios but I never know what to order there. I always go next door to Rumbi instead. But, now I know...thanks to your pictures and reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...the grilled gourmet tacos are my favorite too. There is a Rubio's near my work and I love to pop in there for a quick lunch now and then. I hear Mr. Rubio is a very nice man. Yay for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun event. I've never eaten at Rubio's, but the food look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than their green chili chicken salad w/ extra pico! I think I am going to have to try the basalmic and roasted veggie salad--it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rubio's has the BEST fish taco's! I was so excited when I heard Rubio's was coming to Utah. I moved here from CA 14 yrs ago & I just could not find a good fish taco here anywhere. The "Pesky combo" is the best!!

    ReplyDelete